Wednesday, June 11, 2014

[Review] No Pudge! Fudge Brownie Mix

Let's break it up a bit and read about yet another brownie mix I tried.

I tried No Pudge! Fudge Brownie Mix by Reily Foods Company. I was expecting this to have a "fat-free" taste and really had no expectations whatsoever. Boy was I in for a huge surprise!

I basically followed all the instructions. It did say to add 5 oz of fat free yogurt but I added 6 oz (a whole container of yogurt) of low-fat yogurt. It made it easier to mix. It does take a bit of mixing because it's really dry (see pics below) so that was my justification for adding the extra ounce of yogurt. The mix was super sticky and dry that you may want to have a spoon handy to help with the mixing (or just scraping off of your baking spatula). Spreading it onto my 9x9 pan wasn't that hard. You just need to use your spatula to even it out and make sure the corners get some of that thick batter. The box gives a pretty common baking time of 25-30 minutes, but mine were done in 13 minutes...I used a toaster oven so I do not have information on what a regular oven would have yielded.

No Pudge! Fudge Brownie Mix:




Inside:




Mixing!






9x9 baking pan:





Done!


It was VERY fudgy and VERY sticky, so slicing it up proved to be challenging. However its flavor made up for it. It was heavenly. It was in our bellies by the end of the night. And the hubby who is gluten sensitive was able to eat it! I guess he's just more sensitive to other things than this...but this is a GOOD thing that we can eat this glorious monstrosity together :).

GRADE: A 

Anyone else try these brownies? If so let me know of your experiences!


No comments:

Post a Comment