Sunday, June 1, 2014

[Nails] Jamberry Wrap Removal (Heat & Acetone)

Hello :)!

As I promised, here is how I removed one of the Jamberry wraps from my nails. Although Jamberry has their own video about this, I figured you'd want to see how it did on my nails after I actually used it for more than a week. On the Jamberry site there is a heater method, an acetone method, an organic lemon+water method, or using a combination of either one of those if a single method doesn't do it for you. I decided to use the heater+acetone method and it was pretty easy.

If you would like to watch my video of what is written below, here it is:



Otherwise read on...

As of Day 9, it was pretty clear that it needed to come off. The adhesive was no longer strong and the wrap had been pulling away from the nail. When I ran my fingers through my hair in the morning, it got stuck, and that was pretty much the deciding factor. I used my thumbnail to check the peeling and the corner lifted off easily, as revealed below.

Day 9, Wrap Peeling:



The heater+acetone method required a few materials from me. A hair dryer, acetone, and a cotton swab. I turned on the hair dryer on low and exposed the wrap to some heat for about 10 seconds.

Hairdryer, ~10 seconds:



Then I peeled it off CAREFULLY & SLOWLY as shown:



It should come off easily, and you shouldn't have to pull it off like the jaws of life. If you find that it is not coming off easily like a sticker off of a plastic backing, use the Gentle Removal Process from Jamberry's Official Video. Here's what it looks like after I've removed the sticker. Not bad, but there is some adhesive residue left and we will need to clean it up. I simply dipped a cotton swab into the generic CVS acetone I had, cleaned it up, then washed my hands in soap and water. I filed the nail a little bit because it was long. Afterwards I applied cuticle cream to moisturize it.


Post-Peel:




Clean up with acetone:




After washing up & moisturizing:





As you can see the results are not bad. I wouldn't recommend wearing nail wraps in general past a week unless you're somewhere (like on a vacation) where you're unable to remove it. You will need to give the nail a break and moisturize it like what you do after you use regular polish, and if you use it for too long it might dehydrate your nail. But that's just my two cents!

Again, this is the sample that took some repositioning to get right. It could be that I did not apply it to the best of my ability and that is why after 9 days it was peeling. However, that is not bad as most sticker strips would've torn or done something weird by now.

Anyone had it last for a ridiculously long time without ANY kind of wear? Sound off below, and if you have any tips for better removal, let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment