Monday, September 15, 2014

[Jamberry Swatch] Egyptian Sol

Hi everyone! Today is Mani Monday! Well, it is in some places, anyway! Haha. I swatched 'Egyptian Sol' for you. I liked the color combo, and while it's not on everyone's list (everyone wanted sparkles, but who doesn't?), I did like its colors and decided to give it a try.

Egyptian Sol reminds me of mummies because of the lines in the pattern. But it also seems more Fall to me than the StyleBox exclusive. It's probably because of the orange.

The only thing I did not like about this wrap was the horizontal-line pattern. Since I do not shape my nails into a squoval or square shape (mine's round), the lines don't flatter the edge of my nail too much. In fact, the wrap pattern happened to end up on the white part of the wrap near the edge of some of my nails making it look like I filed it funny. But I'm sure if you have normal squoval nails, it'll look great.

Also, it doesn't help that the catalog picture has a different color scheme. I only noticed it after I checked up on it a week later...

Catalog Picture:

The wrap itself is of the normal wrap finish. There is no sparkle or metallic features. On to the photos:

'Egyptian Sol' sheet:


Left Hand:


Right Hand:


Both Hands:


 Macro:



As you can see from the picture above where the white is ever-so-peeking from my 2 fingers, from far away I almost thought I filed off the blue too far in (I thought my nail was showing) but it was actually just the white part of the wrap. So then, with rounded nails, this may not look so well but if you have squoval or square nails, you wouldn't have this problem.

In any case, the wrap applied similarly like any other wrap since it didn't have a special finish. I do think it might usher in Fall because of the orange and I'm now thinking of pumpkins. Thoughts?

**Note: The opinions of this blog post are solely my own and are not the responsibility of Jamberry Nails, LLC.**

No comments:

Post a Comment