Saturday, May 31, 2014

What Will I Be Doing Here

At the urging of my husband and sister, I will resurrect blogging as a way to help document my experiences, and expect absolutely nothing from it except that people who read it will know me better or know way too much about me.

At first I wanted to blog what I dreamt, but I disabled that blog because I simply stopped remembering my dreams. Somehow when I had kids I just didn't have the capacity of getting to the point of remembering most of the dreams I had. When I did, they were definitely very fun, like a wow-I-could-write-a-book type fun, but then daily occurrences decrease those dreams to a faint memory, and finally, to something that almost didn't happen at all. So, yes, in short, I disabled my 'dream' blog.

Then I thought, hey, maybe I could try to be intelligent and write about what I thought about current events. Turns out my opinions are not really supported by any kind of research nor can be substantiated by anything because I, truly, am not really active in following the news. Not the type that would demand coherent arguments or a definitive "stance" in such events. I basically just visit CNN and see what's on there -- mostly to see what kind of trolls have hit the internet and to also inform myself of what is going on in the world. Then when I'm done with the troll-trolling, I go on something better like Fox News or what have you. So, yes, in short, I disabled the 'thoughts' blog.

So WHAT is mommyscape?? Gee I don't really know. The title was born out of an art piece I was really proud of in middle school (elementary? high? don't remember). It was a little globe held by both hands at the bottom, and the globe had fish and "sea stuff" in it. I titled it "seascape". And that became my favorite. So I added "scape" at the end of my blog, and since I'm a mommy...well...why not?

I digress. There will a few categories in my resurrected blog. Should I update it frequently, it'll be about: 1) my kids, 2) (very) amateur photography, 3) nail products (wait...what? I know, get over it.), and 4) other random things I try to review.

READY, SET, GO !!


No comments:

Post a Comment